Tuesday 4 December 2012

TV Studio Editing

We had a free day today so we decided to come in and edit the footage that we have so far for the TV show. We currently have the interview and the demo and we will be shooting the music on Friday so we can add that then!

With the TV studio, because everything is edited live, this makes the post-production process a lot easier. We had to capture all the footage, make sure all the interview and demo footage ran smoothly, make some small changes and then it was on to the additional content.

Whilst Kirsty was working on adding in the Twitter and Facebook feed that will appear at the bottom of the screen throughout the show, I began to work on the title sequence that I was making in Adobe After Effects. I wanted to make something that really suited the show; something modern and bright. Here is the title sequence that I created using motion typography:


It is on here as a ScreenR file because I wasn't sure how to embed an After Effects file. But anyway, I intend to add so music on this too; probably Dubstep because this a modern music movement that will appeal to the younger audiences.

Today we also created the ending credits and saved them so we can add them on at the end when the whole sequence is finished and includes the music item. I followed the BBC guidelines on their website of how to layout ending credits so hopefully they are correct and we have credited everyone we need to.

Ian also brought in the footage that he has shot for the extended opening titles which will run over the presenters voice speaking about Liverpool. He edited the sequence together today so that we could fit it in to the timeline.

Everything is going really well so far and I think that we are on target for finishing on time! I am excited to see the final result and I can't wait to post it on here!

Speak Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment