Thursday 13 September 2012

Back to university!

Guess who is back everyone!
Well I've had an eventful and fun summer, including making a film for South Liverpool Housing and doing a couple of photography jobs - all paid! So some progress has been made in terms of my practical work but I'm glad to be back in university to carry on working hard now we are in our second year!


Well to start, the new building is just amazing, the tour today allowed us to see everything that we would be using and everywhere we can go. The lecture rooms are really nice spaces, much better than our old building in Edge Lane. Everything is new, everything is ours and we can do what we want where we want. My favourite part of the new building is the new £1.1million TV studio in the basement. It is literally the most amazing thing that I have ever seen and I am far too excited to start using it this semester. 

Here is a quick snap I took of the TV studio:
We took a full tour through the building including a balcony area at the top of the building where you can see the whole of Liverpool. Being in town is just so much better, not to mention the building is around the corner from my new flat, but it really feels like we are part of student life in Liverpool now. Here is another crappy photo I took of the view from the top:
As for the rest of our day, it was nice to see everyone's faces again and to learn our new timetable. I am happy with the sounds of things, we will be busy a lot and that's what I really want from this year; just to make the most of this experience now we have all of this new equipment.
I am aiming to apply for everything I possibly can, paid and unpaid, because building up my CV is the most important thing for me. 

So the blog is back! Get ready for another year of informative posts and interesting information - and just some general rubbish about student life and the likes :D

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment