Wednesday 20 November 2013

Final Cut Pro Editing Workshop

Today I attended a voluntary workshop about using Final Cut Pro. I haven't had much experience at all with this software as I tend to use the Adobe package for editing so I thought this workshop would be beneficial.

I found using Final Cut surprisingly straight forward and easy; it is definitely a lot simpler than AVID media composer; it has a lot less going on on the screen as in buttons and widgets that you never use. Its simple layout and drag and drop system is great!

We practice using the software with various clips and sounds; I like editing when its something interesting that I need to edit and the footage was all about drag racing (which was kind of cool to watch as well as edit). I made a short intro for a documentary show that might be on television; it was a sort of montage of the clips going to very intense music that built up to the race start from clips of drivers putting on helmets, etc.

For my final production project I won't be using Final Cut simply because it isn't the best software to use for Stop Motion. I will most probably use After Effects or something like iStop Motion for this project; however this workshop introduced me to a software that I would like to use in the future when editing other films that I might make. 

This session also made me realise how much I would love a Mac at home and I will be looking in to this in the near future; I have used them a lot before and so I think that having one would make editing a lot easier at home.

Speak Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment