Wednesday 16 October 2013

Creative Media Practice - Isadora Project

Unfortunately I have been quite ill lately and so was unable to finish the Isadora project with my group. However, I did collect a lot of material to contribute so sent it over for them to use if they wanted to. Here are just some of the images I collected.





As you can see some of the images are more hospital related because that was another angle that we mentioned using after the last session. We had some outside discussions about the theme and decided that having a creepy hospital would be our back up if we couldn't create the haunted house. I downloaded lots of images but made sure all of them where large because they would then be more detailed to use if we needed to zoom in on them.

I don't think I will be using Isadora for the final project in Creative Media Practice because I haven't had enough experience with it due to my illness. However I do like the idea of having an interactive media piece and so I might look at using it in my final Production Project.
I am currently planning on doing a stop motion animation set in a kitchen and the objects come to life when the humans leave the house. I could use the idea that we had for this project and have a house for the beginning and you can venture in to the house and see what happens in various rooms. I could make the stop motion for the kitchen and then maybe some short clips to go in the other rooms and show those rooms coming to life as well. This could make for a nice interactive piece that shows moving images, has music and sound over the whole piece like creaking and general house ambience; and I could also add some still images or even dialogue to give the story world more depth.

I think if I had the chance I would revisit Isadora because it sounds like a promising software that could create something very different than just a simple short film or documentary.

Speak Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment