Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sports Personality of the Year Awards 2013

We received an email about a chance to be part of the SPOTY production team this year in November, so of course I applied for the spot with what they asked which was a suggestion of a location for the next Sports Personality of the Year Awards baring in mind what is happening in the sporting world today. They also wanted a paragraph about my own personal skills and what I would bring to the production team. They sent this video along with the email to show how serious they were about taking an intern in to their team.

Here is my application for the job:



This is my application to be part of the Production Management Team for the Sports Personality of the Year Awards 2013. I am a 3rd year Media Professional Studies student at Liverpool John Moores University.


My suggestion for the 2014 location of the SPOTY awards is Liverpool. I know that the awards were held in Liverpool in 2008 and so I think it is time to bring it back to the ever expanding and developing city of life.
Liverpool is an ideal location for the event because as you know the 12,000 capacity Liverpool Echo Arena is a modern convention centre in one of the most beautiful locations in the city; on the waterfront right next to The Albert Dock.
There are hundreds of live events in the Echo Arena each year and so the logistical challenges that go along with such events run smoothly with easy access to the city and arena.
Liverpool has produced many sports personalities in the past few decades; more recently there has been Natasha Jonas - the first ever British female Boxer to compete in the Olympics; just to name one.
I chose this city because Liverpool is my hometown; I grew up here and I understand the people of Liverpool as well as all Scousers do. We just want a chance to be great; we are the next big thing, and we are the future.

My personal skills that I would bring to the production management team range from technical knowledge in camera and editing skills during live recordings, to my enthusiasm and organisation during pre-production.
I thrive under pressure; I love producing and building projects from the beginning to end and I am always fully committed to the outcome. Working on live events gives me a thrill and really brings out my passion for making great media content.
Being a Producer is definitely my favourite role within a production team because my organisational skills are my biggest strength and I use them to my full advantage as well as attacking challenges head on using strategy and contingency at every turn during production.

I hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for this opportunity to apply.


So now I am just hoping for a positive reply from the producers to see if I have made it to the next stage of selection. The position is open to students all over the country so its going to be a tough one, but we will see!

Speak Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment