Friday 9 March 2012

Doors exhibit research...

On our day off, we decided to go to the museum and see the exhibit as a group that we are basing the Production Practice assignment on. The doors exhibit is really something special and so we took time to read every poem and find out where all the doors are actually from. This will eventually enable us to choose a story to follow in our film; making the piece more intriguing.
I decided that I was going to look at these locations on the doors:
The Everyman Theatre
Strawberry Fields Children's Home
Hartleys Hut, Albert Dock
Anfield and Goodison
Madryn Street, L8
I think that using the Everyman Theatre would be very interesting as it is an icon of Liverpool. I have emailed the access team to see if we could film inside the Everyman and possibly ask about where the door was, etc. We could then follow the story of the person who donated the door or even what the door used to lead to (I.E. the stage).
The Strawberry Fields Children's Home have donated a lot of doors to the exhibit so it only seems fitting that we use this place as a story to tell. Unfortunately, I cant seemed to find any contact for the Strawberry Fields site and so this might be a dead end. Also, the original gates have been moved so we wouldn't have that nice setting to go off.
Hartleys Hut on the Albert Dock is names after the architect Jesse Hartley who created the Albert Dock. I do think that there could be a story behind this; and the Albert Dock is well known so we would have a wide audience. I have emailed a contact that I found through the Albert Dock website so hopefully they will be able to tell me more about filming and interviews.
I know that Anfield and Goodison are both long shots, but I think that the stories behind these doors would be really fascinating as we could focus on a multitude of things. I was unable to find a contact for Anfield, but I was able to find a contact for Goodison through the Everton website. I have send an email and I am not waiting for a reply. Fingers crossed!
I didn't know anything about Madryn Street in L8 so this intrigued me to research in to it. I found that Ringo Starr used to live on Madryn Street, although the door is not his, it still has a connection to the area. If the site hasn't been knocked down yet (which it was getting threatened) then we may have something!


Once we had chose doors to look at for research I decided to just sit and take in some of the poetry. I thought it would be nice to include a poem to pay homage to Roger McGough and all his efforts towards this project. I have started working on something so we will see!


Speak soon!
Image Credits:
theatresonline.com
musicpilgrimages.com
walkingbook.co.uk
panoramio.com
bluepoolimaging.com

No comments:

Post a Comment