Sunday 4 March 2012

I struck gold..

...With the factual piece for Production Practice. Somehow I managed to get access to a private event at the Museum of Liverpool; for the unveiling of the new 'Doors' exhibit. I emailed the museum and also the creator of the exhibit Roger McGough (Liverpool poet). We managed to get to film the whole event and even get interviews from Roger McGough, Bill Longshaw (Curator of Social History for the museum) and Tracey Escolme (A student who worked on the project).
It was a wonderful experience to be in such an environment. It was even better, as we were the only camera at the event so we had the best spot for filming all of the exhibit and also a lovely back drop for interviewing. Only I and one other group member went to the event because we 
were advised that the less people the better because it was already full.
I loved filming and we also got the opportunity to do proper interviews so I had a good evening all round. We are looking at going back to the museum to get more footage for the film and I have also enquired about interviewing more students from LJMU who were involved in the project. I hope we are able to do this because I think it will make the factual piece more depth.
I really like the assignment so far, so lets see how it goes! Anyway, here are some photographs from the evening that I took.
The interview with Roger McGough, the famous Liverpudlian Poet went very well, he was lovely to speak to and we were very grateful for his time. Here are the questions that we asked him:

  • How did this exhibit come about?
  • Did you work with the LJMU students much and how did you find it?
  • Just give us a taster of what the exhibit is about, what do you want visitors to take from it?
  • What is your relationship with Mark Cockram?
  • What do you think of the new museum of Liverpool?
  • Give us a flavour of the poems included in the exhibit, any themes, etc?
Can't wait to see how the film turns out!

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment