Monday 10 October 2011

Another non-relevant yet slightly relevant blog

I have taken photographs for one of our smaller projects in LJMU for Digital Media Tools, I took about 100 photographs (I only really need one!). Obviously I will deduce my range of photographs to my favourite for the project, but I thought I would post a few of the images that I am proud of :) I will include a small description of each for you!
The project was pretty specifically based on inanimate objects, so I have taken many photographs around my house! Me and my mum love candles, and so I decided to take a couple of photographs of this set that we have. I like the contrast of the bright coloured glass against the dull tones of the wood and stones.
 Our fire in the living room is broke, so for some unknown reason my mum decided to put fairy lights on it. To be fair it looks pretty, so I took a close up of the fireplace with some of the brass detailing included.
 I love Buddha statues! And so naturally we have like 20 in the house. These two are the same (bought for my birthday off two different people coincidentally). I think the photograph shows just how happy Buddha statues can be! (I really like the depth of field in this one).
I have soooooooooooooooooooooooo much jewelry, its verging on ridiculous. I took a photograph of this owl ring, I wanted a symmetrical photograph and I this is the closest I could get. However, I think it is very effective especially with how the reflection sits underneath. 
 Again with the jewelry, but this time I have chosen a vintage item. These are my grandmothers pearls that she gave to me a while back. She loves it when I wear them (which I did on my 18th birthday!). This focuses on the gorgeous clasp at the back of the necklace. The light in the room reflects beautifully off the pearls, I think I love this photo!
My obsession with The Nightmare Before Christmas will probably come apparent to you all if you haven't noticed already. Here are some of my prized possessions, and I thought the photograph was relevant to me as a person. My mum said 'I like this one, because it looks like they are in a room'. Funnily enough, they were mum.

Anyway, hope you like my photography, new camera soon (fingers crossed!)

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment