Tuesday 11 October 2011

Contemporary Media Issues: Making a Wiki

In this lesson we had to create a Wiki using wetpaint.com. We were asked to all individually bring in an article of our choice related to the media, showing what we are interested in. I brought in the special edition Harry Potter Empire Magazine, particularly focusing on the main article.

We had to then split into groups that related to our articles. My group was cinema (because of the obvious theme). The task was to create a wiki which interlinked all of the articles under this title through key words and explanations of the content.

This activity allowed me to see how everything in the media industry relates. It gave me the opportunity to see how other people in MPS write and also what they are interested in. However, I don't think that I will be using this site again as I personally thought it was a bit bland and lacked the adventurous-ity (new word!) of blogging and the likes.

Obviously this was a learning experience and I did like looking at a new site and using something that I havnt before. I understand better now how threads work and how key words on the internet can be a pathway to absolutely anything and everything!

Here is the link to our Wiki on Cinema, feel free to look at the other articles that people in my class have looked at such as Music, Issues, TV and Web.


Speak soon!

Image credits: www.brit-dan.skyrock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment