Tuesday 4 October 2011

Chopped spring onion...

Curiously abnormal post this is, but none the less -
Here is a collection of pictures I took today in my kitchen whilst making dinner! I was chopping up the spring onion when I thought the colour and composition of the way in which the spring onion had fell would be a good image. I have taken a couple of photographs just to play with the angle and focus.



What I wanted to take a picture of is the way the colours slowly fade into the green from the white. I like how this natural object has its own gradual change, from root to tip.
I played around with the focus on my camera to change the depth of field and allow the images to focus more on the objects in the foreground. Using selective focus is a wonderful technique that I have always liked to use when capturing still life.


Hopefully i will have more random photographs that inspire me in the near future :)


Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment