Thursday 10 November 2011

The Albert Dock

Being from Liverpool, I have spent a lot of my time on the Albert Dock visiting the various shops, the TATE, The Maritime Museum and much more with my parents and grandparents. As a child, however, you can't appreciate the beauty of the Docks themselves.
The building are a beautiful red with striking pillars all around, making the buildings look as though they are floating on the water. The many boats that are docked here have so much variety, from those that look like Pirate ships, to the small lived in boats. The multicultural aspect of Liverpool is present in the various places that the boats are from, and also the people that walk the Docks as tourists and workers.
The view of the rest of the city from this point is priceless, because every building that is new or old can be seen. The Liver Buildings are clear and the new Museum is now present. You can also see right across the Mersey to Birkenhead and beyond, and especially during my trip, the sun setting over there.
I took a lot of photographs but I will just show you the ones I think are the best, showing what the Albert Dock is like and why you should go if you haven't been already.
Hope people are reading my blog by the way, I am trying for a first time blogger! I actually enjoy documenting all this stuff :)

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment