Saturday 26 November 2011

Our Stop Motion Animation!

Our Stop Motion Animation is now complete after around 5 hours of work in total, which is amazing! We have worked really well on this project as group: myself, Ashleigh and Gemma. Obviously the process is very tedious but we powered through because we thought our story was really different and hopefully everyone will like it when we present them sometime next week.
For the Stop Motion we used my Canon EOS 1100D DLSR camera, a tripod and a hell of a lot of patience! I just used a regular setting on my camera so that it would adjust itself to the lighting we had, this caused some issues because now and again he just wouldn't play along! For the back drop we just used a black sheet of paper which lines a table and the wall behind. This was used so we could have a plain background and the camera would pick up the characters and props easily. This also allowed us to film on two separate days in two separate locations, giving the process a break in the middle (which was much needed). What we now need to do is put all the images on the computer in University and put them together to create the one minute story. This coming week we are having a lesson on how to do this and I am looking forward to it! Because once I learn this, I will then be able to create Stop Motions of my own for my portfolio and leisure.
Here are some photographs from the shoot, it shows where we had the set and camera placed.
Our little spoon drama - That's a wrap!

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment