Monday 14 November 2011

Museum of Liverpool

Alongside my visit to Liverpool TATE, I also went to the Museum of Liverpool on the docks. It is a new build and is still installing exhibits, but I went anyway to see what it was like so far.
The exhibit that they do have is all about the past, present and future of the city of Liverpool. Including mounds of sports memorabilia, city landscapes and items of interest from celebrities related to our wonderful city.
Taking photo's was allowed in the museum, so I took full advantage and tried to capture everything!  The exhibit allowed me, someone born and bred, to learn more about Liverpool and it will give everyone a chance to learn about where they have moved to and the history of the city.
I love going to museums and galleries because looking at famous works or historical artefact's is so interesting. I feel privledged to have so many places to visit in Liverpool and I suggest going to them all whilst you are here, because the culture and art work that you will absorb is priceless!
Here are some photographs that I have taken with a short description under each one explaining what they are. I apologise for any reflections a most of the collections are in glass cabinets.

 Model of the Liverpool Liver Buildings with the actual buildings in the background.
 Two Everton season tickets from 1890-91 and a match ticket from 1890 against Notts County
 The original 4 'Beatles suits'
 British Academy of Film and Television Arts Award (BAFTA)
Lily Savage dress - rest of collection in Walker Art Gallery 
Classic wartime memorabilia poster WW2
The names of all those who died in WW1 and WW2

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment